Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pie #2: Giant Cookie

Crust: single
Filling: Toll House Cookie

Crust number two went better than my first attempt. I used a food processor again, but I was careful not to over-pulse this time. As a single crust, the amount of flour, shortening, and butter was cut in half which made the dough easier to handle overall. I didn't have to add flour - I was able to roll it out and over the pie dish on the first try. The outer edge cracked quite a bit, so I had to "paste" the trimmed edges in other spots to make it a full circle. Baking can be like chemistry, but it doesn't always have to perfect.

The filling recipe is from good ol' Mom! I just blended everything you'd expect to go in a chocolate chip cookie. Here are the simple steps:


This reminds me of being a kid and eating uncooked batter!


Here is the final product basking in the light of the oven.


You know how they say good things come to those who wait? In this case, gooey pie comes to those who don't wait. But that's not a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment